Happy New year! How's it going so far? So far so good over here. I did have a slight snafu on the first, but everything is A-OK now. I was supposed to head somewhere last Sunday for an after Christmas get together. Well, I had to cancel because right at the last minute Jacob fell asleep then woke up not feeling well. He had a temp and threw up. Poor kid I felt so bad. Well he still wasn't feeling himself, and not eating on Thursday so I took him to urgent care because he STILL had a fever, it was on and off, but still there. Well, he ended up having a double ear infection, pink eye in both eyes, congestion, and a sore throat. I felt horrible. Thankfully we left the Dr's office with eye drops and antibiotics and he's feeling MUCH better now. What a way to spend Christmas vacation and start off the new year, huh?
I'm not going to let that bend me out of shape though. I'm ready for this year. Last year was filled with a lot of revelations, lessons and learning experiences, and a couple changes. It's so weird how things work out I am SO grateful though, because I feel that last year was the last string of many years of depressing things. That's not to say nothing bad is ever going to happen. I am not Naïve ;) but with all the things I went through in my early 20's that I carried on for years, I feel that I am in a MUCH better place.
I had pretty much given up on life at one point, then getting sick and a few other things totally changed my view of things. It was a blessing in disguise; Just because I had been though some not so ideal situations, didn't mean that that had to become my life. I was better than that. I deserved so much more than that. Why give up and let the past and crappy people win? So I changed.
I was actually talking with my sister the other day and we were talking about our past and complimenting me on how well I've turned out despite the crap we've been through. I barely drink, I've never done drugs - never even smoked a cigarette or anything too crazy, I don't take meds to deal with the past, & and I have a pretty good head on my shoulders. The thing is though, that comes with a price. Rather than escape it with all those things listed above, I've been angry and bitter and lost out on 10 years of my life because of it. But then again it can go both ways.
It's now 2015 and I'm clearly a slow learner, lol, but I feel like I've learned so much in the last four years. I've also learned to appreciate the things I've been through because even though I've hot a few bumps in the road, I am here, in one piece and deserve everything that I have. I don't have much, but I am so thankful for what I do have because at one point I literally had nothing. Even though that left me bitter into much of my 20's, I've learned that I am a better person because of it.
Okay…this post turned out different than expected. Lol. Going off on a tangent here. Whoops! Anyway. In the new year here are a few things I plan on continuing.
1. Be more confident and stop second guessing myself
2. Don't dwell on the past. Just because I've been through some shitty situations, doesn't mean that they define me and I have to continue that route. (started this a few years ago, so this is a continuation)
3. Put myself out there more (already did it on the job side of things -pure luck! - now I need more of a social life.ha!)
4. Maintain the weight I lost, tone up and increase my running distance so I can take fewer walking breaks. I need to find a running buddy…and I really want to run a race sometime this summer or spring.
5. Be a little bit more selfish because I'm always putting others first that I have completely have forgotten about me.
6. Continue on this positivity streak. It seems to be working so far, so I will continue.
There's a huge list but these are the major things.
A few other less serious things I would like to do (and already started some) are:
- do more freezer cooking so I won't have an excuse to have takeout
- utilize a planner (this one is going to tough…)
- I can afford to get pictures developed now!!! So Scrapbooking is HUGE on this list!
I could go on and on forever, so let me stop and tell me some of your New Years goals. Do you have any achievable ones? Serious ones? Silly ones? Ridiculous ones? I'm sure I have at least one in all these categories, so let me hear 'em!